Terms and Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions, 'Career Avenues', 'Company', 'us', and 'we' refer to the company providing this web service.
This Agreement (the "User Agreement") states the terms and conditions under which you (the "Subscriber") may use this web site and our hosted test preparation services, which together we call the "Career Avenues Service" (the "Service".) Any use by you of the Career Avenues Service constitutes your acceptance of all such terms and conditions, including any terms and conditions incorporated herein. BY USING THE CAREER AVENUES SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS USER AGREEMENT AND CREATE A BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND CAREER AVENUES. If you do not accept the terms and conditions contained in this User Agreement, do not use the Career Avenues Service.
We (the "Company") are the owner of this site and the GATE learning content within the site.
"The Subscriber" refers to an individual person who subscribes to Career Avenues course; "Career Avenues" refers to the online GATE course offered through this site.
The Subscriber can only be one individual person. The Subscriber cannot be a judicial person, a corporation, a group of people, or any other organization.
By using this website the Subscriber agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Description of Career Avenues and its Services
Career Avenues offers access to an online GATE prep course, classroom programs, correspondence programs and test series.
Conditions for Subscription
The Company reserves the right to amend or modify these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. If they are amended or modified in such a way that significantly impacts the Subscriber, the Company will inform the Subscriber by email or by adding an appropriate message to the home page. Editorial corrections and changes do not constitute a significant impact.
The Subscriber represent and warrant that the Subscriber
(a) is not under the age of 18;
(b) has not previously been suspended or removed from Career Avenues;
(c) is not a direct competitor of Career Avenues;
(d) does not have more than one Career Avenues account at any given time; and
(e) that the Subscriber has full power and authority to enter into this User Agreement and in doing so will not violate any other agreement to which the Subscriber is a party. In addition, the Subscriber must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to Career Avenues.
Period of Subscription
Subscription is for a limited period only and is not automatically renewed. Renewal can only be initiated and authorized by the Subscriber, who must re-register for a new subscription period.
The Company will not automatically renew any subscription. The Subscriber cannot cancel their subscription to the Service once they have agreed to a period of subscription.
All subscriptions are payable on demand on registration. The Company is entitled to charge such reasonable costs as it may incur in recovering any overdue balances.
The Company has the right to amend the prices for subscriptions without notice. Any amendment or change in the subscription charge will only be valid for new Subscribers or new subscriptions for renewed periods, and will not affect existing subscriptions.
Where indicated, all prices are inclusive of the local VAT, if applicable. Subscribers who require an invoice may request one from the Company. The period of the subscription will start from the date of the approval.
Subscriber's right to use the materials and Subscriber's obligations The computer software, artwork and other components included in the Career Avenues Service are the copyrighted property of the Company and its licensors. The Career Avenues Service is licensed (not sold) to the Subscriber , and the Company owns all copyright, trade secret, patents and other proprietary rights in the Service. Subscription to the Service grants one individual user a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to access the Service for the user's personal, non-commercial use. If the Subscriber has purchased a license to the Service from a regional reseller or has purchased the license through a special offer targetted to a specific geographical region (the 'Region'), the Subscriber shall be limited to access the Service exclusively from within the Region. The Subscriber shall be entitled to access the Service outside of the Region by paying Career Avenues an additional price as determined by the Company from time to time. The Company may take all reasonable measures to determine the geographical location of a Subscriber accessing the Service and terminate the Subscriber's access to the Service in an event the Company deems the Subscriber has breached the access limitations.
The Subscriber agrees not to copy, distribute, rent, loan, lease or sublicense all or any portion of the Service; modify, translate, distribute or prepare derivative works of the Service or the accompanying documentation; reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Service or the accompanying documentation; remove any proprietary notices, labels, or marks on the Service and accompanying documentation.
The Subscriber will indemnify Career Avenues against all claims, losses, liabilities, expenses, fines and penalties of whatsoever nature made, incurred or imposed as a result of a breach by the Subscriber of the terms of this User Agreement.
The Subscriber agrees not to re-sell or make any other commercial use of the services or content without the written consent of the Company.
Subscription Password and Security
The Subscriber is responsible for maintaining the secrecy of his or her password and user name.
The Subscriber agrees not to pass the user name and the password for the subscription to other users to allow them to access the content. If the Company becomes aware that one subscription is being used with multiple users, or multiple users are sharing one account, the Company will close the account immediately, block any access to the content for that Subscriber who has violated the User Agreement and pursue a claim for reimbursement of losses incurred by such a breach of use.
The Subscriber accepts full responsibility for every activity of the Subscriber within the Company's website and is responsible for any claim and threat related to or deriving from the use or abuse of his/her participation in the Company's course or its services. The Subscriber promises to notify the Company immediately via the email address of the Company of any non-authorized use of his/her user name and/or password, or of any other violation of security which the Subscriber becomes aware of. The Subscriber can, at any time, change his/her password by following the instruction given by the system.
Notify the Company of acts contrary to the User Agreement
If the Subscriber believes that he/she is entitled or obligated to act contrary to this User Agreement under any mandatory laws, the Subscriber agrees to provide the Company with a detailed 30 days prior written notice before the Subscriber acts contrary to this User Agreement, to allow the Company to assess whether it may, at its sole discretion, provide an alternative remedy for the situation.
Termination by the use of Career Avenues
The Company can, at any moment and without any previous notice, cease the supply of services and cancel the Subscriber's subscription to the Service in the following instances:
- When the Subscriber uses the Service for illegal purposes or for the transmission or exchange of material that is illicit, vexatious, slanderous or defamatory, harmful to the privacy of others, abusive, threatening, vulgar, obscene or in any other way reproachable or that violates, or could violate, the rights of industrial or intellectual property or other rights of the Company or any Third party.
- When the Subscriber uses the services to transmit or exchange viruses, chain letters, or for unsolicited mass distribution of email.
- When the Subscriber gives the user ID and password to unauthorized users.
- When the Subscriber violates any of the specific conditions of the Service.
- When abnormal activity of the Subscriber is detected, such as using an automated robot to use our system
Provision of the Services / Quality of Service
The Company will provide the Subscriber with access to the Service once the Subscriber has subscribed. The Subscriber will need to log in using his/her chosen user name and password to access the course materials online.
The Subscriber can log into the Website from any computer using his/her assigned user name and password but the Subscriber should be aware that not all computers have the software that will enable the Subscriber to access any or all features of the Service.
Whilst the Company tries to ensure that the website does not contain any error, defect, malfunction or corruption, the Company does not accept responsibility for any damage to or loss of data on the Subscriber's personal computer system, network or server that results from using the Service or from downloading any materials that are made available via the website.
The Company cannot promise that access to the Service will be uninterrupted or error free at all times.
There may also be occasions when access to the Service is interrupted for emergency maintenance or repairs or to carry out upgrades to improve the performance or functionality of the Service. Access may also be interrupted due to failures of telecommunications links and equipment, which are beyond the control of the Company.
The Subscriber accepts that he/she will not have a claim for breach of contract against the Company in the case of such a period of unavailability. The Subscriber also acknowledges that the Company cannot be held responsible for any delay or disruptions that are inherent in the operation of the internet and the World Wide Web, including viruses.
All the content on this site (texts, illustrations, audio, video, animations, and software) is owned by the Company. No part of this site may be copied, reproduced, re-engineered or re-created without the prior written consent of the Company.
Contributions to Career Avenues
By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, proposals, and/or educational content ("Contributions") to Career Avenues through its feedback mechanism and/or content editor and/or via email, the Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that:
(a) the Subscriber's Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information;
(b) the Company is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions;
(c) the Company shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide;
(d) the Company may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development;
(e) the Subscriber's Contributions automatically and irrevocably become the exclusive property of the Company without any obligation of the Company to the Subscriber; and
(f) the Subscriber is not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from the Company under any circumstances.
Limitations of Warranty
The Subscriber expressly agrees that the use of the services is at the Subscriber's exclusive risk. The services are offered 'as they are' and 'as available'. The Company does not offer any guarantee that the services correspond to the specifications required by the Subscriber. Furthermore, the Company does not offer any guarantee that the results which the Subscriber expects or hopes to achieve through the use of the services will be achieved.
The Company maintains this website and Service to enhance public access to high quality, ICT-based GATE prep content. Our goal is to ensure that the content is relevant to learners' needs, is up-to-date and accurate. The Company appreciates it if any errors are brought to our attention and the Company will try to correct them as quickly as possible. However, the Company accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information and content on this site. There may sometimes be links to external sites over which the Company has no control and for which the Company assumes no responsibility.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WHICH IT PROVIDES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. IN PARTICULAR, THEIR OPERATION MAY BE MOMENTARILY INTERRUPTED DUE TO MAINTENANCE, UPDATES, OR TECHNICAL IMPROVEMENTS. THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY SUCH INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. FURTHERMORE, THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY MISFUNCTIONING, IMPOSSIBILITY OF ACCESS, OR POOR USE CONDITIONS OF THE CAREER AVENUES SERVICE DUE TO INAPPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT, DISTURBANCES LINKED TO THE INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, TO THE SATURATION OF THE INTERNET NETWORK, AND FOR ANY OTHER REASON UNRELATED TO THE COMPANY.
Career Avenues User DOs & DON'Ts
As a condition to access the Career Avenues Service, the Subscriber agrees to this User Agreement and to strictly observe the following DOs and DON'Ts:
- comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, tax laws, export control laws and regulatory requirements;
- provide accurate information to the Company and update it as necessary;
- review and comply with notices sent by the Company concerning the Career Avenues Service;
- duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, otherwise transfer or commercially exploit Career Avenues Service except as permitted in the User Agreement;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide Career Avenues, or any part thereof;
- utilize information, content or any data the Subscriber views on and/or obtain from Career Avenues Service to provide any service that is competitive, in the Company’s sole discretion, with Career Avenues;
- adapt, modify or create derivative works based on Career Avenues content or technology underlying the Services in whole or part;
- rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to Career Avenues or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
- access, reload or “refresh” or make any other request to transactional servers more than once during any three second interval;
- use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages contained in the site;
- use automated methods to answer questions;
- access, via automated or manual means or processes, the Career Avenues Service for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality or for any competitive purpose;
- engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of Career Avenues’s website;
- attempt to or actually access Career Avenues Service by any means other than through the interface provided by the Company;
- attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying the Company;
- engage in any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Career Avenues Service;
- remove, cover or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included as part of the Career Avenues Service;
- use or attempt to use another's account without authorization from the Company;
- infringe or use Career Avenues’s brand, logos and/or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the words “Career Avenues” in any business name, email, or URL or including Career Avenues’s trademarks and logos on any website without authorization;
- access the Career Avenues Service if you are in any way affiliated with a direct or indirect competitor of Career Avenues.
By subscribing to the services of the Company the Subscriber commits to use the services exclusively for legal purposes. The Subscriber is totally responsible for the content of any messages and texts sent by him/her or on his/her behalf to Third Parties via the services, as he/she recognizes that he/she is the only person responsible for them and frees the Company from any subsequent claim or request The Subscriber agrees to reimburse the Company for any cost deriving from claims or actions brought against it by a Third Party for damages caused by the Subscriber or by people authorized by the Subscriber to access the services.General Conditions
1.The logo and content of the site are copyright and sole property of ‘Career Avenues Publication’ and may not be copied, used or reproduced for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without the explicit permission of Career Avenues.
2.No study or test material from the site may be copied, shared, exchanged, sold or given for free to individuals or organizations without prior consent of Career Avenues.
3.Buying test material from our site does not entitle you to provide the same to other individuals or enterprises at a cost or even for free. The copyright of Career Avenues Study Material / Test Material remains with Career Avenues unless otherwise explicitly stated, and may not be quoted or reviewed without explicit permission from “Career Avenues Publication”.
4.Career Avenues does not take responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of data provided in various study material / tests.
5. Response to all queries related to performance in papers etc. to students – Our liability extends only upto provision of tests and does not extend to giving a feedback and solving queries of the students. However, we do invite queries on the same, and all replies sent will be subject to the time available to our panel of experts.
6. Any payment once made is not refundable under any circumstance.
7. The content in different modules / tests / study material / programs has been prepared by a team of subject experts from different parts of the India. While designing these questions, the team has referred a lot of books, question papers, study material and other resources available in the market. Every effort has been made to ensure that no infringement of any copyright happens. In case any discrepancy is reported corrective action would be taken immediately by Career Avenues Publication
8. Provision is made to enlist subscribers to the site and all such subscribers are bound by the general terms & conditions mentioned hereinbefore and by the subscription agreement set forth hereinafter and special terms contracted therein.
9. The Site accepts advertising material sent by third parties for display. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that the material submitted by them complies with national and international law. The Site at its absolute discretion reserves the right to change, suspend or omit any advertisement without any prior notice. The site/company may use the personal data provided by you to send you information on the courses, or may share it with its partners. We reserve the right to use Subscriber’s Information and details for our online and offline promotions. Career Avenues may also contact the user through sms, email and call to give notifications on various important updates. Therefore, user holds Career Avenues non liable to any liabilities including financial penalties, damages, expenses in case if he/she has filled the Enquiry form or contacted Career Avenues through any other means.
10. We reserve the right to add to or change/modify the terms of this Agreement. Changes could be made by us after the first posting to the Site and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to access the Site or enroll for any of our services after that time. This Site reserves the right to modify, suspend/cancel, or discontinue any or all channels, or service(s) at any time without notice , make modifications and alterations in any or all of the content , products and services contained on the site without prior notice.
The Company takes the privacy rights of the users of this website very seriously.
In order to provide better services to its Subscribers and to enforce the terms of services, the Company may ask the Subscriber to give personal contact information, to create a password and to provide some general personal information, such as educational and professional background. This information will be kept strictly confidentially in our databases. Any information contained in public reports will be of a statistical nature and individual users will not be identified. The Company will not divulge the Subscriber's personal data for direct marketing purposes. Furthermore, the Company has no intention of selling, renting out or giving this information to third parties. Notwithstanding the above, the Company may provide third parties, offering services or products closely related to the Service, with the Subscriber's contact information if the Company believes that doing so would serve the best interests of the Subscriber.
The Subscriber has the right to view the data the Company has on record for you and ask that it is updated if it is inaccurate. The Subscriber also has the right to object to the processing of his/her personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is collected in order to comply with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the Subscriber is a party, or is to be used for a purpose for which the Subscriber has given his/her unambiguous consent.
The Subscriber's data will not be kept longer than it needs to be. The Company will not send spam to the email address you provide. If the Subscriber wishes to contact the Company, he/she can reach the Company at any time by clicking on the appropriate contact link on the home page of the website.